Re: [Nmh-workers] rmmproc Not Used for Lots of Messages; refile Copies.

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] rmmproc Not Used for Lots of Messages; refile Copies.
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 18:24:30 -0500

ken wrote:
 > >so, i've stumbled over rmmproc's limit in the past (and, like others,
 > >have quietly, manually, done it in chunks instead), but i don't think
 > >i've ever seen a similar limit with "rm".  and now i'm wondering, why
 > >not?
 >
 > Well, if you're a young whippersnapper, you wouldn't have seen that :-)

i'm actually a relatively old whippersnapper as these things go:  my
first UNIX was some internal bell labs predecessor to System III,
ca. 1979.  and yes -- i've certainly hit such limits in the past,
and embraced xargs with a vengeance as a result.

but now isn't then.  it's too bad we can't make rmmproc work as well
as a modern rm.   but having just browsed the mh sources a bit, i
begin to see the problem.  as always.  :-)

paul