Re: [Nmh-workers] rmmproc Not Used for Lots of Messages; refile Copies.

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] rmmproc Not Used for Lots of Messages; refile Copies.
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 11:31:28 -0500

>i stand by this in spite of modern linux's ability to pass 200Mbyte of
>argv[]. for one thing not every system that MH can otherwise run on has
>this kind of high limit. for another thing no matter how large you make
>it there will some day be some crazy person with a folder larger than
>that limit.

I'm not disagreeing with you ... just pointing out the reality that we
have a lot of awful stuff under the hood of nmh, and what we fix is limited
by the stuff people are willing to work on.

>if we want to allow newlines in filenames we'd have to allow -0 (like
>xargs does) to change the format. this would be a burden on all rmmpipe
>implementations, unwarranted in my view since someone crazy enough to
>put a \n in their MHPATH deserves all the pain we can lay in store for them.

I can't even disagree with that, although the purist in me is put off
by the idea of leaving a hole in the implemenation.  But then again, if
you put a newline in your MH folder name I have to wonder what you're
really trying to accomplish.