Re: [Nmh-workers] Features for 1.6

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Features for 1.6
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 22:20:06 -0400

>One problem we have run into with mh-e and nmh 1.5 is that mh-e is no
>longer able to read the comp formfile directly.  That's because of
>some dynamically generated content, isn't it?

Well, I suspect you're able to read it, but it's not very useful, is it?
Because the default components file now supports mh-format(5) and the actual
draft is generated by having comp process the components file via mh-format(5).

I guess I didn't think this would be a problem, since the front-end program
I am used to (exmh) handled it fine.  Sorry about that; the change wasn't
a secret, and I guess I thought if there was a problem then people would
speak up about it!

>Right now we are changing the code to use comp to generate a draft and
>then reading that in.  That requires creating a temporary directory
>and running comp there.  That insures that we can read message 1.
>
>What can we do to simplify this? The obvious answer would be to add a
>-build flag to comp as is supported on repl and forw.

It looks like .... what exmh does, at least, is simply invokes the
command "comp -nowhatnowproc", and then gets the message out of the drafts
folder by seeing what "cur" is.  Is that not sufficient?