Re: [Nmh-workers] Features for 1.6

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Features for 1.6
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 11:25:46 -0400

>>q-p is "quoted-printable", an encoding scheme for text.  Encoded
>>q-p text is more or less readable, but it can interfere with
>>quick grepping of messages because it works by introducing
>>additional characters.  For that reason, I don't use automimeproc.
>>(And printable ASCII characters don't need to be encoded.)
>
>OH!! That's the standard with all the ='s. It's an invention of the devil.

Well, here's an example of where we're not doing so good.

Pretty much every OTHER mailer handles quoted-printable transparently.
It's kind of an embarassment we don't.  We should fix that (that's one
of my to-do items for 1.6).  In a perfect world you should be able to
send and receive messages using quoted-printable, and you wouldn't even
know it was happening.