Re: [Nmh-workers] What about an nmh-1.6-RC1

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] What about an nmh-1.6-RC1
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 11:24:25 -0500

>It looks like, when it finally comes out, nmh-1.6 will represent a
>revolutionary change it the way nmh deals with MIME.
>
>But, in the nearly two years since nmh-1.5, there have been many other
>important (at least important to me) improvements. For example, to sortm,
>mhbuld, mhstore, and message sequencing, that I'm itching to get ahold of.
>Even the Mime related stuff already there will be a big improvement.
>
>So I wonder if I could prevail upon somebody to create and release an
>nmh-1.6-RC1. I can't -- way about my pay grade.

I'm personally reluctant to start a release cycle since to me when you
start a release cycle you don't add any new features and I'm in the
middle of working on some features which I think are pretty important.
Yes, I know that it's been a while since 1.5; Lyndon has made this point
as well, and I feel your pain.

But ... I'd be glad to send you (or anyone else) copy of the tar file
that corresponds to the head of master; that should contain everything
you are interested in.  We try to keep master relatively stable, and I
think it should be fine for your needs.  That would literally take me
like 30 seconds (if you have an already-checked out tree, this is just
the result of "make dist").