Re: [Nmh-workers] Time to branch 1.6?

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Time to branch 1.6?
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 12:37:55 -0400

>I've not had a chance to dig through the code yet,
>but it just occurred to me hat it doesn't really
>matter whether or not nmh would like lines greater
>than 998 characters. If does, then mhfixmsg could
>replace the HTML part with an un-transfer-encoded
>version, but the issue at hand is creating a plain
>text alternative. Can't mhfixmsg simply unencode
>a copy of the message in a buffer before comverting
>it to text/plain?

I might have missed something in this conversation ... but is the case
that after the part is decoded from quoted-printable, the resulting line
length is > 998?  If that's the case, then a C-T-E of 7/8bit wouldn't be
valid, because that would be a violation of RFC 5322.  (The real reason
for the original error message is that the only C-T-E that you can have
a line length > 998 is "binary").

If the issue is that we need to un-qp some HTML content that results in
a line length > 998, but then that HTML will be converted to plain text that
presumably won't have long line, then that would be fine ... but it might
be architecturally complicated.