Re: [Nmh-workers] Any more changes for RC2?

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Any more changes for RC2?
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 21:44:50 -0400

jerrad wrote:
 > > > I ... do not think so.  Unless I am misreading the man page, you can't
 > > > make
 > > > it just do tilde expansion.  I don't like the idea of a single Attach:
 > >  > header expanding to multiple files.
 > >  why not?
 > >  it's now the primary UI for attachments.  why not make it a rich UI?
 >
 > It could lead to accidental attachments e.g; people do not verify what
 > the glob would match first, or they mistype something (comma
 > instead of period)

typos can already cause accidental attachments.  mh doesn't insist on
absolute paths, either, and that can certainly lead to accidental
attachments.

perhaps what's needed instead is a confirmation step at whatnow, to
confirm that what's been attached is what was intended.

paul
 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 43.0 degrees)