Re: [Nmh-workers] configurable part separator lines

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] configurable part separator lines
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 15:14:08 -0400

>to be honest, i didn't remember that i could use mh-format to apply
>the color directly, and since i was already colorizing headers using
>sed, i just expanded that.

Hey, that's fine.  Just wanted to understand if it isn't useful to people.

>i think i'd also want a unique syntax
>anyway, since sometimes i want to remove the markers, not colorize
>them.  (hmmm...  i suppose i could simply supply a null marker format in
>that case.)

Or maybe ...

%<(null%(getenv NOCOLOR)) ..... do color stuff \
%| .... do non-color stuff .... %>

If that would work for you.

>as much as i love mh, it has perhaps the most arcane and baroque
>system of configuration of any program i use.  i'm willing to hack an
>mh-format once in a while, but it's not my first stop for a quick fix.
>so thanks for the reminder.  i'll take a look and see if doing some of
>this in mh-format might be cleaner in long run.

If you haven't seen it yet, check out fmttest(1).  You might find it
useful; I completely understand about the arcane-ness of mh-format!