Re: [Nmh-workers] configurable part separator lines

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] configurable part separator lines
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 14:15:42 -0400

>in the absence of any more comments, i've pushed this change (which
>makes all part separator lines configurable) to master.  i've been
>using it for a week now, and it seems solid -- i've been testing quite
>a bit with various kinds of messages while writing some new wrapper
>scripts, so it's gotten some exercise.
>
>(i actually think it would be safe for 1.6, but it's late in that
>game, and i'm about to go away for a week, so i'm not going to push
>for that.  if someone else thinks it would be okay, then by all means
>pull it in.)

Thanks for the work; it looks good!  Unfortunately, since we're in a
feature freeze for 1.6 I don't think it can go in there.

Is there a reason you did colorization in your wrapper script, as
opposed to just doing it directly in the format engine?  1.6 supports
retrieving some terminal parameter strings directly from terminfo(5),
like the codes to set foreground and background color.  If it's not
useful for people I'd just like to understand where it's deficient.