Re: [Nmh-workers] Future thoughts: better MIME processing

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Future thoughts: better MIME processing
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 15:30:24 -0400

>Speaking of which, Exchange's calendar invitations only have a URL, not
>an ICS attachment, and often even lack the meeting info so I'm forced to
>log in and check. Not sure if we can do anything about the latter, but
>we might be able to recognize a Microsoft invitation and parse out the
>salient info.

Really?  I did my testing with our Exchange guy, and I got a text/calendar
part in the standardized format from him.

>Does anyone know if Exchange is capable of emitting ICS attachments and
>this is just a setting I can ask our calendar admins to tweak?

That, I do not know.  I'm not part of the Exchange realm, so it may be
because the Exchange server in question knows I'm an external user, so it
always sends me a text/calendar part.

>> It's actually called "googlecl"; I took a look at it, and it doesn't take
>> an iCalendar file directly, unfortunately.
>
>But, we'd be able to parse and pass in the fields directly?

Weeeelll ... maybe?  I mean, parsing the text/calendar file isn't a
problem.  But googlecl doesn't behave like you'd expect.  The examples
are all of the form:

% googlecl calendar add "Lunch with Jim at noon tomorrow".

You can probably make it work most of the time, but it's not going
to be wonderful.