Re: [Nmh-workers] Development Questions. check Programs. register.

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Development Questions. check Programs. register.
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 17:01:44 -0700

> On Oct 17, 2016, at 2:21 PM, David Levine <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I'd prefer putting it into a separate repo.  But OK, if we
> tag it and promise not to remove the tag.  I don't feel
> strongly about it.

Well, I do feel strongly about it.  It has proven to be a useful reference for
me (and others), time and time again.

It is absolutely trivial for a developer to ignore those files using some very
simple script wrappers.  I've been doing it for years, on a wide range of
products.  It's as simple as

  grep $* | grep -v '\.svn/|\.git/|,v$'

and just augment from there.  I have a slightly more robust version at work I
can post if people are really interested (can't get at the office network from
home, so tomorrow).  But really, this is a simple problem to solve.

--lyndon