Re: [Nmh-workers] I did something wrong with replcomps

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] I did something wrong with replcomps
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 12:20:30 -0500

Ken wrote:

> Since it's been around forever, I'm not sure we can easily change it
> without breaking a lot of existing format files.

Two different things:

1) Support -fcc (and -to and -cc) without having a corresponding
component in the components file.  Adding that support won't
introduce a backward incompatibility.  This is entirely an internal
implementation relic.

There's also support for $USER in repl, which requires a "user"
component.  I didn't look to see where that might originate from or
how it's used.  But again, it should be enabled directly instead of
via a component ("user", in this case).

2) Fixing that would allow users to remove those things from their
components files, if they wish.  And we could remove fcc from the
default repl components files, at least.

After 1.7 would be fine with me.