nufw-users

Re: [Nufw-users] no reaction

From: Eric Leblond
Subject: Re: [Nufw-users] no reaction
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 21:59:04 +0100

Le ven 19/12/2003 à 21:35, Henrik Lohse a écrit :
> hi everybody,
>
> i am trying to get nufw working... after some work and a lot
> of try and error the sources of nufw-0.6.1 compiled.

Could you indicate us which problem did occur ?

> to try it out, i put a nuAccount user (gid 1000) into my ldap and put
> the rule allow all like this:
> nuaclgen -A "cn=complete,ou=acls,dc=example,dc=com" -j ACCEPT -g 0,1000

Have you add an iptables rules on the gateway ?
try someting like :
        iptables -I FORWARD -d IP_WEBSITE -p tcp --dport 80 \\
        -m state --state NEW -j QUEUE
to check nufw on a website

Is nufw running on the gateway ?

> on the client machine i start the nutcpc with my nuAccount userid.
> when i start a website (first try by ip) from the client, it seems like
> the authentification works. (at least the -v x 10 - switch with nuauth
> doesn't say anything about a wrong password).

in full debug mode you should see something like :
        Sending auth answer 1 for 3327739616
if all work correctly (both nufw and user packet receive)

> but then happens nothing, i don't get an error nor do i see the website.
>
> does anybody have any idea about what i am missing ?

Hope this mail help.

BR,
--
Eric Leblond