nufw-users

Re: [Nufw-users] no reaction

From: Vincent Deffontaines
Subject: Re: [Nufw-users] no reaction
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:43:54 +0100 (CET)

Henrik Lohse a dit :
> hi again,
>
>> Le ven 19/12/2003 à 21:35, Henrik Lohse a écrit :
>> > hi everybody,
>> >
>> > i am trying to get nufw working... after some work and a lot
>> > of try and error the sources of nufw-0.6.1 compiled.
>>
>> Could you indicate us which problem did occur ?
>
> my distro didn't set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH correctly, thus ./configure
> didn't find glib2 (i am using a suse 8.1 minimal installation recently
> updated to 9.0). before i found the solution of the problem i tried
> to use autogen.sh but the autogen.sh complained that there is an
> "underquoted definition of AM_PATH_GLIB_2_0" but the shipped ./configure
> script works despite it.
>
> then i recompiled iptables but the configure-script was unable to find the
> libipq. when i copied the headerfiles to /usr/include it worked.

These points seem a problem with Suse, rather than with Nufw. Do you agree
with this? (I don't know about PKG_CONFIG_PATH and it is not set on my
debian system either. Is there something you think of we can do about it
to make nufw more "portable" as of compilation? )

> finally there was a problem with the postgressql-library. i had to adjust
> the include line of libpq_fe.h in file log_pgsql.h to make it run.
> (btw, i didn't want to use pgsql_log and didn't configure it
> "--with-pgsql-log", but it seemed the libs where needed)

I cannot reproduce this behaviour. I deinstalled postgresql libraries on
my system, and ran "./configure" without "--with-pgsql-log", and it
compiles fine, with no complaint. Would it be possible that you retry it,
after running "make clean"? I suspect our default .tar.gz package to come
with some config cache somewhere.

Thanks very much for your feedback, it is much appreciated, and helps us
make nufw easier to compile/setup for other users. Please keep on sending
us problems you encounter! :-)

Vincent