nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] manage_delMessage from Script (Python)

From: Juan David Ibáñez Palomar
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] manage_delMessage from Script (Python)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:04:51 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

Hi !

I'm using the Localizer 0.9.0 product and I'm trying to remove
objects from the MessageCatalog by calling

container.messageCatalog.manage_delMessage(message=_str(my_message_id))

from a Script (Python).

The thing is that the translated messages are removed, but the item itself
remains
in the messageCatalog.
But if I go through the manage interface and click the Delete button it
works.
Is it supposed to be like that, if it is how do I remove an item entirely
from a MessageCatalog ?

No, it's supposed to work, and I think it works.

Let me guess:

1. you remove the entry this way (and it's really removed);

2. then you see a web page that contains the message you
   removed (and the message is added again to the message
   catalog, automatically);

3. you see the message catalog (and you see the message
   because it was added in the step 2).

When you call the message catalog like this:

 <dtml-var "messageCatalog('Hello world')">

The message 'Hello world' is added to the message catalog,
unless it alredy exists.

Please, look at if this is what's happening.

Regards,

--
J. David Ibáñez, http://www.j-david.net
Software Engineer / Ingénieur Logiciel / Ingeniero de Software