octal-dev

[Octal-dev] possibly irrelevant idea

From: Ross Litscher
Subject: [Octal-dev] possibly irrelevant idea
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 15:17:16 -0400

/*End Lurk*/

I was thinking the other day about how it might be nice if somehow Octal could
be used as the sound system in games. For example (i though of this whole
idea while playing tetris so i'll use that as the example) while
playing a game of tetris you start to do really bad and blocks start piling up.
The closer they get to the top, the faster the tempo of the music gets. if you
manage to do better, the tempo slows down again. That's just a simple example,
i'm sure people would come up with much more elaborate uses.

To me, it seems like one could control the music very nicely based on certain
events that occur in a game. But this is just an idea I had, and possibly way
off the goals of Octal. I just wanted to mention it because it's been in my
head for about 2 weeks now.

ross.