octal-dev

Re: [Octal-dev] OCTAL Technical Article!!!

From: Steve Mosher
Subject: Re: [Octal-dev] OCTAL Technical Article!!!
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 17:41:55 -0300

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Daniel wrote:
> i also have a theory, but about the
> "opposite" transformation: time
> stretching/compression *without*
> pitch-shifting.  perhaps similar
> solutions apply?  does anyone know what
> the state-of-the-art algorithm is for
> non-pitch-shifting time dilation?

        Well, Fourier Transforms will do it for you. I read the theory
behind it today. An analogy would be making a vector image; it's more of a
formula than 'data'. This can be used to do both, if you can do one, you
can do the other, by applying one, and then changing the rate.

Read
        http://www.dspdimension.com/html/dftapied.html
                if you want to understand how it works. I hope this site
grows, it rocks.