Re: Octave 1.90 available for ftp

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave 1.90 available for ftp
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 13:06:56 -0600

On  1-Nov-1996, Jeppe Sigbrandt <address@hidden> wrote:

: (have sent this to mailing list since somebody there may
: know whats going on, and it may be useful if anyone else is
: running into similar problems with Debian)

My linux system is also a debian distribution:

  Linux tillamook-sharp 2.0.6 #2 Sun Jul 14 18:49:25 PDT 1996 i586
  Copyright (C) 1993-1996 Debian Association, Inc. and others

with exactly the same ncurses entries in /var/lib/dpkg/status and the
same curses libs in /lib.

I also have the following files in /usr/lib:

  /usr/lib/libcurses.a
  /usr/lib/libcurses.so
  /usr/lib/libncurses.a
  /usr/lib/libncurses.so
  /usr/lib/libncurses3.0_pic.a
  /usr/lib/libncurses_g.a

I don't have termcap or termlib libraries.  When I run configure, it
finds -lncurses.

Can someone please debug this?

Thanks,