Design of octave graphics

From: Matti Picus
Subject: Design of octave graphics
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 01:22:13 +0200

Hi. Note that I would like to move this to octave-maintainers, hope all agree.

I also like plotutils. Since our objective is adding general graphics to
octave, I think we should try to design a more general graphics class, from
which figures, plots (axis, line,...), buttons, text, and other things
inherit. Following the lead of VIM (a VI replacement that also has a GUI
version) we could declare the member functions in a toolkit-independent
file, then include function definitions in toolkit-dependent libraries of
thunks.

I can't find my Matlab license, but their heirarchy of objects might be a
good place to start.