Octave Compiler And Octave Interpreter Source Doku

From: Jens Ruecknagel
Subject: Octave Compiler And Octave Interpreter Source Doku
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 16:48:03 +0200

Hi,

I am done. My Student research project is done and I can publish it.

I implemented a minimal Octave to C++ compiler. It is not really good - just a proof of concept. The compiler supports a subset of Octave. It keeps Dynamic Typing. It builds a stack machine to evaluate expressions. This way the execution speed of loops is doubled.

Second I wrote a documentation of the Octave Interpreter source code.
It is the first Chapter of my student research project paper.
Do you think I should separate the doku from the paper? Do you want to include it into the octave Documentation?

The paper and the compiler can be downloaded from http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~rueckn/

As my masters paper I will try to build a compiler with type inference. I am happy about any advice.
I hereby want to start the compiler discussion again.
I got the Majic-Paper, I am reading it right now. Are there any other papers I should read. Is there an octave/matlab Specification, I can use to build the type inference system?

Thanks

Jens