Re: C++ version of regexprep.cc

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: C++ version of regexprep.cc
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 13:58:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 4 May 2006, Andy Adler wrote:

On Thu, 4 May 2006, Bill Denney wrote:

I personally think that elements should have a namespace associated
with it only if it's different than the parent.  Then it is simple to
climb the tree to see your particular namespace.

That is a good idea. However, I'm not sure if this matches
the XML spec. XML namespaces provide a default namespace
for the document for all unspecified tags, not for those
that differ from the parent (correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't think that's the case. The general format of a document is that you can change the default namespace or use a specific namespace for a specific element.

For example:

<doc xmlns="http://my.namespace/uri"; xmlns:his="http://his.namespace/uri";>
  <mine xmlns="http://other.namespace/uri";>
    <data/>
  </mine>
  <yours>
    <data/>
  </yours>
  <his:data/>
</doc>

Bill

--
"No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr