Re: Octave for Windows distribution

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Octave for Windows distribution
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 21:49:41 +0100

Eric S. Carlson a écrit :
I have downloaded the newest version and installed on a system (I think) that
did not have MSVC installed. When I installed it, I tried to click the box
to install the MSVC runtime libs but nothing happened. The program, however,
still runs.

The installer checks that the runtime libraries are not installed on the system and disable/enable the runtime installation accordingly. This option cannot be changed by the user. Runtime DLL's are installed in one of the subdir of C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS If the check box was unchecked, it means the installer detected the runtime DLL's
were already present.

The fact that you don't have MSVC installed does not mean that the runtime DLL's
are not installed. Any program compiled with MSVC8 will need it (if compiled
with /MD flag), so it might be that another program installed them. For instance,
.NET v2 installs those libs (I think).

Michael.