Re: I don't have functions like inv, pinv, det - build problem?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: I don't have functions like inv, pinv, det - build problem?
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 20:36:48 -0500

On 27-Feb-2007, "Hakan Yüksel" wrote:

| > I'm not sure I understand precisely what you did.  Did you look at the
| > output of help inv on one system and then assume that it would be the
| > same for all systems?
|
| I have also looked at the output of "help inv" under ubuntu.
| The folder there was /usr/lib/octave/2.1.73/oct/i486-gnu-linux.
|
| I don't have assumed that it would be exactly the same fo all
| systems but those outputs have indicated me that there must be
| a folder with *.oct-files which contain the desired functions.
|
| And after typing "./configure --help" on my source distro, I saw
| that one can specify libexecdir. I did it and it solved my problem.
| That's all. Is that so absurd?

I understand that adding a --libexecdir option when you ran configure
solved the problem for you.  But there shouldn't have been a problem.
It should have worked for you when you just used --prefix.  So I've
been trying to understand why the problem happened so it can be fixed
properly.  Telling people that that they should use both --prefix and
--libexecdir options is not the right solution.