Re: tmp gets full when plotting many images

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: tmp gets full when plotting many images
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 23:03:08 -0500

John W. Eaton wrote:
I also checked in the following change to send the image data to
gnuplot via the plot_stream pipe.  It seems to work for me.  However,
I just noticed the following behavior with gnuplot 4.2 with either the
wxt or x11 terminal:

  image     ## OK
  sombrero  ## OK
  image     ## Image is displayed correctly, but colorbox is garbled.
            ## See the attached screenshot.

This also happened without my most recent changes, so I don't think it
is related to sending the image data over the plot stream pipe.  Is it
just me, or can anyone else confirm this behavior?

That's the bug from the other day that Søren found; the one in which no colorbox text appears until after a 3D plot is created and then the text is not valid because gnuplot doesn't properly initialize it at the start of a 2D plot. Latest CVS version of gnuplot should fix that.

Dan