Re: tmp gets full when plotting many images

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: tmp gets full when plotting many images
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 15:21:27 -0500

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 26-Mar-2007, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

| This could be improved perhaps by utilizing the fact that data through the pipe | can now also be binary. (I doubt there are any pipes out there that restrict | data to 7 bits, ASCII, rather than 8 bits.) Let me know if you want to try this | approach.

I think it would be best if we can avoid the temporary files for image
data.  Can we do the same for the palette data?

Sure, if I remember correctly, there is a conditional test in the current Octave __go_draw_now__ code that checks the length of the palette. If it gets very long, then it too uses a datafile. So, simply modify that condition test to remove the path using data files.

Would you like to always use binary data through the pipe? (It's been tested pretty thoroughly, but trying something new is always a bit dodgy.) There is generally a noticeable difference between binary data and formated I/O.

Dan