Re: 2.9.11?

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: 2.9.11?
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 00:16:05 +0200

John W. Eaton wrote:
> There have been a few bug fixes and improvements since 2.9.10 but I
> haven't seen reports of any major problems.  So is there anything
> pending that should hold up 2.9.11?  Should we label 2.9.11 the
> "testing" version and relabel 2.1.73 "stable"?
>
> jwe

The biggest remaining issue for a testing release for me is the package
manager. Till debian, fedora and MSVC builds sign off on the package
manager I don't think 2.9.11 will be really considered as a testing
release by the distributions..So it might be nice to check on the
progress of the use of the package manager for these three, to at least
avoid any hurried 2.9.12 release if possible.

D.