Re: Patch proposal for axes.m

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Patch proposal for axes.m
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:30:05 +0200

On 8/29/07, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
> You'll need a help string for ancestor.. If you need help turning into
> texinfo, I could convert it if you send me the text..

I'm not used to texinfo...

Here's an initial help text:

PARENT = ancestor(H, TYPE)
PARENT = ancestor(H, TYPE, 'toplevel')

  Returns the first ancestor of handle object H whose type matches TYPE,
  where TYPE is a character string. If TYPE is a cell array of strings, the
  first parent whose type matches any of the given type strings is returned.

  If the handle object H is of type TYPE, H is returned.

  If 'toplevel' is given as 3rd argument, ancestor returns the highest parent
  in the object hierarchy that matches the condition, instead of the first
  (nearest) one.

Michael.