Re: Re: Windows/MSVC: install_builtins, octave_interpreter_ready not fou

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Re: Windows/MSVC: install_builtins, octave_interpreter_ready not found
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 11:42:32 -0500

On 28-Nov-2007, address@hidden wrote:

| I propose the following patch (see below):
|
|       1. including builtins.h in builtins.cc via mkbuiltins
|
| Without this, the symbol install_builtins gets not exported into octinterp.dll

OK, I made this change.

|       2. adding more OCTINTERP_API macros to toplev.h
|
| At the moment I need only do_octave_atexit(), but for more flexibility I'd
like to have access all global variables and functions in toplev.h

Why do you need access to these symbols?  We could just export all the
symbols (I think that is what happens with most Unixy compilers) but
then you do realize that just because the symbols are exported, they
are still not part of any "official documented API" and are subject to
change or removal at any time?

| I have now succeeded in compiling parts of octave-2.9.13 (octave.exe,
liboctave, octinterp, libcruft) under MSVC2005 after manually adding    #define
WINVER 0x500
|       #define _WIN32_WINNT 0x500
| to libcruft/misc/cquit.c

Did you mean 2.9.17?  If not, why are you using 2.9.13?