Re: Re: Re: Windows/MSVC: install_builtins, octave_interpreter_ready not

From: Christoph.Mayer
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Windows/MSVC: install_builtins, octave_interpreter_ready not found
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 08:48:30 +0100

I need these symbols because I have an application which uses more than
one octave interpreter; I have implemented context switching, where each
octave interpreter has its own symtabs. If there is another more
standard way to have multiple octave interpreters in one application I
would like to use it.

In order to hide these "not officially documented" symbols one could add
an "OctaveInterpreter" class, which performs context switches, lets
users define and retrieve symbols, etc. to octave.

> | I have now succeeded in compiling parts of octave-2.9.13
(octave.exe,
> liboctave, octinterp, libcruft) under MSVC2005 after manually adding
>       #define WINVER 0x500
> |     #define _WIN32_WINNT 0x500
> | to libcruft/misc/cquit.c
>
> Did you mean 2.9.17?  If not, why are you using 2.9.13?

I mean 2.9.13. First I managed to partially compile 2.9.13, then 2.9.17.

Christoph