Re: Graphics properties as objects

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: Graphics properties as objects
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 20:05:35 +0200

On Dec 29, 2007 7:37 PM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 12/29/07, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> > OK, we currently have
> >
> >  radio_property
> >  color_property
> >  colormap_property
> >  data_property
> >
> > As a start, would you like to propose a patch that changes these to be
> > derived from a base_graphics_property class as you outline above?
>
> I'd be glad to propose something, however I don't know what's the current
> status of Shai's code. I don't wan't to conflict with the things he's working
> on.

On this matter, my status = 0%, and I agree with the proposal.

Also, as we are on the verge of adding quite a lot of new properties,
Don't you think we should "upgrade" the property adding code? What I
had in mind is something like the genprops.awk script, but it would
also need to generate:

properties::properties (const graphics_handle& mh,const graphics_handle& p)
properties::get(void)
properties::get (const caseless_str& name)
properties::set_defaults(void)
properties::set (const caseless_str& name, const octave_value& val)
properties::factory_defaults (void)

I am not very proficient with awk. would be it possible to this in
awk? If not, I can try to do it in perl. Is that acceptable or is perl
not a dependency of octave?

Shai