Re: HTML documentation - one file per function

From: soren
Subject: Re: HTML documentation - one file per function
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 09:32:55 +0200

Quoting David Bateman <address@hidden>:
It was written by at least 4 people that I know of, which is why its a
mix of m4, perl, python and Makefile magic. Cleaning it up into a single
language with some makefiles might be nice, particularly getting rid of
the m4 as that part of the build is slow. However, this is a low
priority as it works now.

Actually, I'd rather not get rid of the m4 part as this is also what the octave.org web site uses. At some point (you know, that point where I have some spare time...) I'd like to see some of the Octave-Forge website scripts used to build part of the octave.org website. Specifically, I think it would be nice to use these scripts to build the manual, and possibly also have the function reference on octave.org.

Søren