Re: Merging Octave and Octave-Forge?

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: Merging Octave and Octave-Forge?
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 19:31:24 +0200

| * The Windows binary at Octave-Forge currently is the de-facto way | of getting
|      Octave on Windows. I really think this binary is a great feature, and I
|      honestly think it should be hosted at octave.org, and be blessed as the
|      semi-official way of getting Octave on Windows.

If we distribute a binary of Octave for Windows from ftp.gnu.org, then
I think it should be built with MinGW, not MSVC.  What is the
situation for Emacs?  Is the Windows binary of Emacs built with MinGW?

according to the documentation on http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/Getting-Emacs.html#Getting-Emacs
it is built with mingw32 or cygwin gcc ports.

benjamin