Re: cd

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: cd
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:36:21 -0400

On 28-Aug-2008, Michael Goffioul wrote:

| general context. Maybe I misunderstood John's statement, but it
| sounded to me like "octave is not intended for Windows".

Sorry if that's the impression I gave.  My point was intended to be
that supporting proprietary systems is not a primary goal of the
Octave project or the GNU project generally.  But at the same time, we
should not go out of our way to make it difficult for users of
proprietary systems to make Octave work on those systems.