Re: 'paperpositionmode' change to rid gnuplot_set_term: size is zero

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: 'paperpositionmode' change to rid gnuplot_set_term: size is zero
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 16:14:55 -0500

On Jan 3, 2009, at 2:45 PM, Michael Goffioul wrote:

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
set (0, "defaultaxesxtick", [0:0.2:1])
set (0, "defaultaxesytick", [0:0.2:1])
set (0, "defaultaxesztick", [0:0.2:1])
set (0, "defaultaxesxtickmode", "auto")
set (0, "defaultaxesytickmode", "auto")
set (0, "defaultaxesztickmode", "auto")

I was under the impression "auto" is needed since setting the tick's changed the mode to "manaul". Checking now ...

octave:1> figure
octave:2> axes
octave:3> get(gca,'xtickmode')
ans = manual

So it does appear that x/y/ztick each have a callback associated with them and that is it doing its job even in a context where it should not (at least I don't think setting the default should trigger a callback in this instance) ... hmmm, It appears that a method is needed to toggle callbacks on and off.

You shouldn't need these. Tick mode is "auto" by default
such that setting ticks is useless.

set (0, "defaultaxesactivepositionproperty", "outerposition")

This should already be the case.

Yes you are correct.

set (0, "screensize", [1, 1, 1440, 900])
set (0, "screenpixelsperinch", 1440/14)

This should come from the system. I guess you set them
explicitely, because we don't have a way to get that information
from the OS yet.

Correct. I do know how to determine the screensize for x11 (using xwininfo), but don't know if it will work with windows. Is there a windows script that can return this information?

Regarding the screenpixelsperinch property, Mathworks sets this to 74.951 so that a character unit is equal to [6, 12] pixels (at least that is the case for the default system font on Mac OSX).

Ben