Re: SONAME clarification

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: SONAME clarification
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:45:07 -0500

On 30-Jan-2009, Marco Atzeri wrote:

| Attached an additional patch, to amend yours.

| +    SHLEXT_VER='$(SHLEXT).$(version)'
| +    SHLLIB_VER='$(SHLLIB).$(version)'
| +    SHLBIN_VER='$(SHLBIN).$(version)'

I applied the patch but dropped the three lines above because these
are unchanged from the defaults.  Note that the RHS of these variable
assignments are inside single quotes, so they are not expanded in the
configure script.  You don't need to repeat them just because you
changed the value of SHLEXT in the configure script (for example).

| Now I have the right call
|
| g++ -shared -Wl,--export-all-symbols
| -Wl,--enable-auto-import -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base
| -Wl,--out-implib=libcruft.dll.a -o cygcruft.dll ....
|
| and files
|
| libcruft.dll.a:         current ar archive
| cygcruft.dll:           PE32 executable for MS Windows
| (DLL) (console) Intel 80386 32-bit
| cygcruft.dll.a.3.1.51+: symbolic link to `cygcruft.dll

OK.

Thanks,