Re: About diagonal matrices

From: dbateman
Subject: Re: About diagonal matrices
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:56:25 -0800 (PST)

Jaroslav Hajek-2 wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 2:15 PM, dbateman <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> the goal of this patch was just to get the right behavior of scalar times
>> sparse matrix wrt the type. That is  it returns a sparse matrix rather
>> than
>> a full ones. The changes Jaroslav made to the mappers and operators
>> changed
>> the behavior of 0/0 however
>>

> But what changes? I'm not aware of any changes I did to change
> behaviour of sparse matrices.
> If you know of a revision, either in 3-0-x or development archives,
> where NaN * speye (3) returned a matrix filled with NaNs, please tell
> me its number. Chances are that I unintentionally broke something,
> though I hope not to.

Ok then maybe I'm confusing things, the operations that I want to see giving
NaN values for sparse matrices where appropriate and sparse matrices if the
sparse_auto_mutate flag isn't set are

speye(3)/0
speye(3).^0
speye(3)* NaN

etc. Yes the last two are still giving odd behavior and you probably aren't
repsonsible.. I'll look at it when I'm back at home..

D.