Re: 3.2.0 release candidate 5: problems with blas/lapack

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: 3.2.0 release candidate 5: problems with blas/lapack
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 16:23:45 +0200

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 10:30 PM, Jean-Francois Cardoso <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello Jaroslav,
>
> I have problem building all 3.2.0 release candidates.
> The configure script does not detect properly the
> BLAS libraries.  This is happening on two machines of mine:
>
> 1) on my MacBook where ./configure spills out:
>
> [...]
> checking whether DDOT is called correctly from Fortran... yes
> checking whether CDOTU is called correctly from Fortran... no
> checking whether ZDOTU is called correctly from Fortran... yes
> configure: WARNING: A BLAS library was detected but found incompatible with
> your Fortran 77 compiler.
> [...]
>
> 2) on a Linux/Intel machine when I try to link with Intel's MKL.
>
> Again, BLAS detection fails on CDOTU.
>

> On both machines, I am able to compile successfully the 3.0.xx series,
> that is with proper detection of the local multithreaded BLAS libraries.
>
> Cheers, JF

This is most likely happening if your Fortran compiler uses a calling
convention incompatible to your BLAS/LAPACK.
For instance, if you try to use gfortran + g77-compiled BLAS or vice
versa. Such an incompatibility can cause mysterious problems, that's
why this check was added.
If you're sure this is not the case, then please supply your config.log.

regards

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert & GNU Octave developer