Re: opengl and images

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: opengl and images
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 19:55:05 +0200

tir, 06 10 2009 kl. 08:05 +0200, skrev Soren Hauberg:
> tir, 06 10 2009 kl. 07:39 +0200, skrev Shai Ayal:
> > Yet another workaround is to use mesa software rendering. In debian,
> > this worked for me:
> > apt-get install libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev libgl1-mesa-swx11-i686
> > However, this will disable opengl hardware acceleration, which might
> > be a high price to pay.
>
> Yeah, at least for me this is not an option. I'm working fairly close
> with graphics / physics-simulation people at the moment, so I'm highly
> dependent on OpenGL :-(
>
> I guess the proper cause of action depends on how many people are
> actually experiencing this issue. If I'm the only one, then I guess it
> doesn't make sense to invest too much work here.

For some reason the Intel graphics driver broke for me recently. I have
one of these fancy laptops that both have an Intel and an AMD graphics
card, so I've changed to use the AMD card (using the FGLRX driver).

Using this card / driver I still see the issue where the image is on top
of the plot. So, this is not a driver issue.

Soren