Re: Install status on Mac OS X 10.6.2

From: Todd Rovito
Subject: Re: Install status on Mac OS X 10.6.2
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:07:04 -1000

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 9:59 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 11-Jan-2010, Joel LeBlanc wrote:
>
> | It would be nice if octave's build system was "aware" of fink, and
> | tried to use it.
>
> What do you mean by '"aware" of fink'?  How would the build system
> "use it"?
I volunteered to help Thomas Treichl at Octave-Forge with his
excellent Octave.app (Octave for Mac) binary package.  Thomas has a
really nice script for Octave 3.2.3 that has all the usual Mac bells
and whistles.  In addition I have more than enough Macs that I can
break then re-install for testing.  Getting Octave to build with Xcode
is an interesting idea, I wonder how difficult that would be?