Re: fltk printing

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: fltk printing
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 13:52:36 -0400

On Jul 24, 2010, at 12:23 PM, Michael D Godfrey wrote:

> On 07/24/2010 08:56 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:
>> Ok. I start by committing some new functions.
>>
>>      scripts/plot/__ghostscript_binary__.m : returns the name of the gs
>> binary.
>>      scripts/plot/__get_eps_bbox__.m : extract the eps-file's bbox.
>>      scripts/plot/__fix_eps_bbox__.m : replace bbox with a tight version.
>>      scripts/plot/psfrag.m : uses psfrag to substitute latex text into eps
>> files.
> Do you really mean latex converted to eps?  What do you use to do this?
> Remember to do both tex and latex...

What I've done is to write an m-file that allows psfrag to be used to
substitute latex text in place the of the postscript versions.

I'm not explaining very well ... take a look at the wikipedia description.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSfrag

In any event, this allows eps based figures in a latex document to use the same
fonts as the rest of the document. In addition all the fancy equations, tables,
etc, may be inserted as well.

For native LaTeX code, I notice that gl2ps supports pgf output.

        http://geuz.org/gl2ps/#tth_sEc2.1.2

I am a big fan of pgf/tikz (works with both the ps and pdf variants of latex).

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PGF/TikZ

In any event, I haven't looked at how -dtex is handled by the gnuplot backend.
I  may have spoke too soon when I mentioned it.

Ben