Re: IPC Functions

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: IPC Functions
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 10:52:35 -0500

2010/8/23 Judd Storrs <address@hidden>:
> 2010/8/23 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
>>
>> Same as everything else, really. Are you going to be the one to
>> maintain them? Are they currently in a good enough state to be in core
>> Octave? Are there any licensing issues we need to take into
>> consideration?
>
> If octave doesn't want them in the core, they shouldn't be listed in the
> PROJECTS

I'm sure they should be there, and if it were up to me, all of 'Forge
would be shipped along with Octave, as most people already use it that
way, in accordance to what the competition does. However, there are
are practical considerations and obstacles to take into account.

> file so that well-meaning people looking for some way to contriute
> aren't immediately set upon by this snotty, bellicose attitude.

I didn't mean to be bellicose, and perhaps I'm unavoidably snotty
sometimes, but it's a real concern and what I understand is the usual
response to why more 'Forge functions aren't moved into Octave.