Re: [TODO] Thoughts on 3.4 release

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: [TODO] Thoughts on 3.4 release
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 12:10:55 -0500

On Dec 16, 2010, at 8:15 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

> On 16 December 2010 18:50, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On a second practical note, what is the best way to maintain collaborative
>> TODO lists?
>
> I prefer the wiki option. We already have one, so why not use it?
> Quick collaborative writing is precisely what a wiki should do, by
> etymology.

Has anything been done set up a collaborative TODO list?

In any event, I noticed a problem that may qualify for the list. When the mode
for the axes tick values or labels are changed from manual to auto, the values
are not updated.

        clf
        h = surf (peaks);
        get (gca, "xtick")
        ans =    0   10   20   30   40   50
        set (gca, "xtick", [])
        set (gca, "xtickmode", "auto")
        get (gca, "xtick")
        ans = [](0x0)

This happens for both gnuplot and fltk.

Shouldn't this updating be triggered in the backend, in the same way changing
the xlimmode to "auto" triggers an update to {x,y,z}lim?

Ben