Re: who is building Octave on Windows systems?

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: who is building Octave on Windows systems?
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 11:47:39 +0100

> I'd be grateful if anyone could provide some clues.

I'm walking on thin ice now, as I don't have experience with linux
systems and wine...

> However, attempting to run my simple foo.exe program results in the
> following, which, although long and apparently detailed, gives me no
> clue about what to do to fix the problem.
>
>  $ wine foo.exe
>  fixme:msvcrt:__lconv_init  stub
>  wine: Call from 0x6fc49b69 to unimplemented function
> msvcrt.dll.___lc_codepage_func, aborting
>  wine: Unimplemented function msvcrt.dll.___lc_codepage_func called at
> address 0x6fc49b69 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
>  Unhandled exception: unimplemented function msvcrt.dll.___lc_codepage_func
> called in 32-bit code (0x7bc45c70).

This appears like a problem in wine, with the words 'fixme' and 'stub'
and 'unimplemented' striking out.
On my win32 host, the msvcrt (short for 'ms visual c runtime') dll
exports a function __lc_codepage_func which here seems to be
unimplemented in wine's msvcrt.

> Yeah, I should ask the mingw-64 community for help, but I thought I
> would ask here firstto see if anyone has a clue about this.  It would
> also be interesting just to know whether anyone else here is using
> mingw-64 to cross compile programs for Windows systems.

I am using it for cross-compiling w64 executables on a w32 host.
Although technically cross-compiling, this is perhaps not
cross-compiling in the classical sense. (and cetrtainly not what you
are looking for actually)

benjamin