Re: 3.4 uploaded

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: 3.4 uploaded
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 08:53:10 -0600

mind2011/2/8 Judd Storrs <address@hidden>:
> 2011/2/8 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
>>
>> If you see a problem, please report it to the Ubuntu bug tracker,
>> because I don't see a problem in the Debian packages. Well, other than
>> fltk really sucks in the 3.2.4 version compared to the 3.4.0 version.
>
> Already there and ignored for a long time.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/octave3.2/+bug/546671

Sigh... I don't really watch the Ubuntu packages, and I'm not sure I
want to. I wish their BTS would forward the bugs to Debian when there
is no one in Ubuntu watching the package. The Debian packaging team,
Thomas, and I all work in Debian, and we evidently don't watch Ubuntu.
This bug is old, it's Ubuntu-specific, and it's the first time I hear
about it.

I'm going to subscribe pkg-octave-devel to the Octave Ubuntu bugs so
that at least we hear about them.

Also, I just asked around in #ubuntu-devel in IRC, and it looks like
the bug is fixed in the N-release, but present in the L and M
releases. It seems that Thomas patched it in Debian:

     http://bugs.debian.org/591333

Colin Watson <address@hidden> in Freenode's #ubuntu-devel hinted
that he might backport the fix to older versions of Ubuntu.

- Jordi G. H.