Re: 3.4 uploaded

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: 3.4 uploaded
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 22:47:09 +0100

ons, 09 02 2011 kl. 15:38 -0600, skrev Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso:
> On 9 February 2011 14:32, Michael D Godfrey <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > It (3.2.4) is the current  package for Fedora 14. RedHat Enterprise 5.6 is
> > at 3.0.5.
> > So users who are not willing or able to do their own installs from source
> > are in the "extremely antiquated" class.  3.4 will be a big step forward for
> > them!!
>
> The rpm packaging seems to be really lagging. Are you able to do it
> yourself? Quentin Spencer used to do it in past years, but he seems
> gone since then. I've done a wee bit of rpm packaging at my dayjob, so
> I could help a little with the rpm packaging... but I'm already busy
> enough with the Debian packaging.

Does anybody have experience with the openSUSE build service,

  https://build.opensuse.org/

? It promises to be able to create binaries for

        "openSUSE and other Linux distributions like Ubuntu, Fedora,
        Mandriva and Debian on different hardware architectures and for
        a broad user audience"

If that is really true, then it might be a way to get decent coverage.

Søren