Re: Octave-Forge bugs in the tracker?

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Octave-Forge bugs in the tracker?
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 12:41:24 +0200

søn, 31 07 2011 kl. 22:00 +0100, skrev Carnë Draug:
> at the moment, only a small part of the octave-forge devs has given an
> opinion on the subject. It would be nice to gather the opinion of
> everyone else, even if it's just "I don't really care, it's all the
> same to me".
>
> The request has been made on savannah and it seems they're just
> waiting for our reply (perfectly fine if we still decide not to move)
> https://savannah.gnu.org/task/index.php?11233

Well, better late than never... (sorry 'bout that)

>From a developers point of view I do not think it matters much where
Octave-Forge bugs are stored. If we just want a bug tracker (which I
guess is better than me having a bunch of mails marked as unread; that's
my way of keeping track of things), then I guess we can use the one at
Source-Forge.

My concern is for the users: most users have a too hard time figuring
out if a bug is in Octave or in Octave-Forge (heck, even old farts like
myself makes mistakes in this regard from time to time). So, I think it
would be nice to give the users a single point of entry for filing bug
reports. JWE's point about not all Octave-Forge developers should have
full access to modifying the Octave bug tracker is a good one, and I
agree that Octave-Forge should not use the Octave tracker. Should we
then use another bug tracker hosted at Savannah? If bugs can easily be
moved between the two trackers, then fine by me. If not, I don't see the
point. Has it been determined if it is easy to move bugs between
Savannah trackers?

Søren