Documentation on commit messages and changelogs

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Documentation on commit messages and changelogs
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 13:35:27 -0400

On 19-Sep-2011, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:

| I noticed doc/interpreter/contrib.txi had outdated advice about
| ChangeLogs, so I updated it:
|
|     http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/d624b6f216ac
|
| Does this look like the right advice?

Yes.  I checked in a further change, mostly whitespace as the hg log
message does not need to be indented.  The ChangeLog generating thing
should do that for us now.  Also, if you don't leave two spaces after
periods that end sentences, Rik will feel compelled to come back and
fix them, so I did that as a preemptive time-saving measure for him.