Re: error building GUI on Mac OS-X 10.6.8

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: error building GUI on Mac OS-X 10.6.8
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 11:49:53 -0400

On 11-Aug-2012, Ben Abbott wrote:

| The the "thread" subdirectory references removed and the findFirst.diff patch
applied, my build completes.  When I run, I encounter ...

| The process has forked and you cannot use this CoreFoundation functionality
safely. You MUST exec().
| Break on
__THE_PROCESS_HAS_FORKED_AND_YOU_CANNOT_USE_THIS_COREFOUNDATION_FUNCTIONALITY___YOU_MUST_EXEC__()
 to debug.
| panic: Segmentation fault: 11 -- stopping myself...
| attempting to save variables to `octave-workspace'...
|
| The first two lines show up 17 times. I cut the other 16 out above.
|
| Same result from gdb, and the backtrace is empty.

Try commenting out the call to dissociate_terminal in octave_start_gui
in gui/src/octave-gui.cc.  Does that avoid this problem?  If you do
that and type something like "rand (1000, 1)" does the pager correctly
accept input when the focus is in the GUI command window?