OT: ML2012b [WAS: Re: imag () function detail regarding -0.0000]

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: OT: ML2012b [WAS: Re: imag () function detail regarding -0.0000]
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 16:44:27 -0700 (PDT)

Michael Godfrey wrote

> On 09/12/2012 05:51 PM, Philip Nienhuis wrote:
>> Lucky for you then, it recently became even more awesome.
>> On my desktop I have r2012b prerelease.
> Our corner of Stanford cannot deal with things like new
> releases of Matlab much less "prereleases".
>
> Good that you are pioneering this!

? good....? pioneering..?

Anyone with a valid ML license can get this (time-bombed) prerelease "not to
be installed on production machines"; for me it was a nice solution to be
able to work at home (I've had ankle surgery recently) with OO ML code made
by a colleague. OO is still a showstopper for Octave.
I do hope that Octave will also have classdef some day - not that I'm very
fond of it but this ML incompatibility simply hit me (and OO/classdef proved
a godsend for this particular application).

Anyway I can say that I don't quite like ML's new interface but you'd
already guess that.
Oh and ML2012b p.r. got hung on my PC's integrated graphics card that turned
out to be wonky, while Octave had no problems at all. So at least that's 1-1
for Octave :-)

Philip