Re: io-1.2.2 uploaded to package release forum

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: io-1.2.2 uploaded to package release forum
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 15:41:51 +0100

On 21 May 2013 21:35, PhilipNienhuis <address@hidden> wrote:
> There's an io-1.3.1 package as well (upon next stable Octave release to
> probably morph into io-2.0.0) for the current 3.7.1+ releases, fairly well
> tested on Windows (only COM interface) and Linux (all Java-based interfaces
> incl. OpenOffice/LibreOffice UNO).
> I've got no clue yet how to disseminate that to the (I expect small) pool of
> interested developers. Would my dropbox be a viable temporary solution? or
> shall I post it here? (just 183 KB)

I would say to just upload it somewhere (even if to the mailing list),
and then mention this on the package's wiki page[1].

I don't know how much of a difference you have between the two
versions of the package but was it not possible to just have it
checking the octave version and act accordingly to it? This has been
done with no problems.

Carnë

[1] http://wiki.octave.org/IO_package